POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem with #switch Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with #switch (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Archpawn
Subject: Problem with #switch
Date: 11 Feb 2008 18:50:01
Message: <web.47b0ded4bd25e05c9c37dbc40@news.povray.org>
When I try to compile the following code, it says there should be a ) after X+1.
Am I doing this right? It's supposed to return X+1 if Dir = 0 or 1, X if it's 2
or 5, and X-1 if it's 3 or 4.
#macro NextX(X,Dir)
   #switch(Dir)
      #case(0)
      #case(1)
         X+1
      #break
      #case(2)
      #break
      #case(3)
      #case(4)
         X-1
      #break
      #case(5)
      #break
   #end
#end

Post a reply to this message

> When I try to compile the following code, it says there should be a ) after X+1.
> Am I doing this right? It's supposed to return X+1 if Dir = 0 or 1, X if it's 2
> or 5, and X-1 if it's 3 or 4.
> #macro NextX(X,Dir)
>    #switch(Dir)
>       #case(0)
>       #case(1)
>          X+1
>       #break
>       #case(2)
>       #break
>       #case(3)
>       #case(4)
>          X-1
>       #break
>       #case(5)
>       #break
>    #end
> #end

I think you need to specify where the returned value is to be stored:

#macro NextX(X,Dir)

   #switch(Dir)
      #case(0)
      #case(1)
         #declare RetXVal = X+1;
      #break
      #case(2)
         #declare RetXVal = X;
      #break
      #case(3)
      #case(4)
         #declare RetXVal = X-1;
      #break
      #case(5)
         #declare RetXVal = X;
      #break
   #end
#end

Post a reply to this message

> When I try to compile the following code, it says there should be a )
> after X+1.
> Am I doing this right? It's supposed to return X+1 if Dir = 0 or 1, X if
> it's 2
> or 5, and X-1 if it's 3 or 4.

#macro NextX(X,Dir)
   #switch(Dir)