POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Faking scenery with images Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Faking scenery with images (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Pahidla
Subject: Faking scenery with images
Date: 3 Oct 2007 23:20:01
Message: <web.47045aef70b2ab293ccd3f470@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm trying to fake a scene outside the window with an image but the problem
is that the window panes throw a shadow on the image. Is there a way to
prevent that?

Thanks,

Pahidla

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Faking scenery with images
Date: 3 Oct 2007 23:33:45
Message: <47045f19@news.povray.org>
Pahidla nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/03 23:15:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to fake a scene outside the window with an image but the problem
> is that the window panes throw a shadow on the image. Is there a way to
> prevent that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pahidla

Set the finish of that image as follow:

finish{ambient 1 diffuse 0}

This is my prefered way.

An object with diffuse 0 is not lighted by any light_source in the scene. As a
result, it won't show any shadow.
An object with ambient 1 will be fully illuminated without any light.

Another way, is to set the window,and the wall in witch it's set, as no_shadow.

Or, you could place that image some distance behind the wall and window, scale
it a little larger, so that any shadow it receive falls in a non-visible part.
Use another light outside the room to illuminate it, or use ambient 1.

--
Alain
Episcopalian: It's not so bad if shit happens, as long as you serve the right

Post a reply to this message