POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how do I interpret benchmarking results Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  how do I interpret benchmarking results (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: apchar
Subject: how do I interpret benchmarking results
Date: 20 Sep 2007 01:35:00
Message: <web.46f2061c1b3bd0a48d2f92770@news.povray.org>
I just compiled povray 3.6.1 on a gentoo linux box and ran "povray
benchmark" in the scenes/advanced directory. It finished in 43 minutes. But
I have no reference to compare that to. Without something to compare it to I
can't tell if something is wrong or can at least be improved.
Is there a listing of other peoples results somewhere?
Thanks,
Art.

Post a reply to this message

> I just compiled povray 3.6.1 on a gentoo linux box and ran "povray
> benchmark" in the scenes/advanced directory. It finished in 43 minutes. But
> I have no reference to compare that to. Without something to compare it to I
> can't tell if something is wrong or can at least be improved.
> Is there a listing of other peoples results somewhere?
> Thanks,

<http://www.google.com/search?q=pov-ray+benchmark>

;-)

Post a reply to this message

Thank you for your sarcastic response. I've already searched through google
and can only find old results with povray 3.5 or earlier. Povrays web page
on benchmarking says 3.5 and 3.6 are not comparable.
So.. again.. Has anyone run the benchmark that's included with povray 3.6
(even
if it's in another OS) ? If so, what did you get?
Art.

> apchar wrote:
> > I just compiled povray 3.6.1 on a gentoo linux box and ran "povray
> > benchmark" in the scenes/advanced directory. It finished in 43 minutes. But
> > I have no reference to compare that to. Without something to compare it to I
> > can't tell if something is wrong or can at least be improved.
> > Is there a listing of other peoples results somewhere?
> > Thanks,
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=pov-ray+benchmark>
>
> ;-)

Post a reply to this message