POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Brightness Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Brightness (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Karthik
Subject: Brightness
Date: 5 Aug 2007 21:05:00
Message: <web.46b672ba962bd533a438ba450@news.povray.org>
Hey Guys I am kinda new to POV Ray although I have been using it for the
past 2 and half years. My question is how do I increase the brightness of a
point source light. I have been looking every where but couldnt find the
right one. I had to use a sphere with very small diameter/radius and then
increase the ambience. However, the results were very satisfactory. I am
expecting some kind of point source light that is bright enough to light
any object in space. Some help here.

Thanks in advance.
Karthik

Post a reply to this message

> Hey Guys I am kinda new to POV Ray although I have been using it for the
> past 2 and half years. My question is how do I increase the brightness of
> point source light. I have been looking every where but couldnt find the
> right one. I had to use a sphere with very small diameter/radius and then
> increase the ambience. However, the results were very satisfactory. I am
> expecting some kind of point source light that is bright enough to light
> any object in space. Some help here.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Karthik

You can have colors in a light that exceed 1.
Example...
light_source { <-30,30,-30> color rgb <1,1,0.8>*10}

You can also control the overall brightness of a scene
by using assumed_gama in global settings.
Example...
global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

Post a reply to this message

Karthik nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/08/05 21:00:
> Hey Guys I am kinda new to POV Ray although I have been using it for the
> past 2 and half years. My question is how do I increase the brightness of a
> point source light. I have been looking every where but couldnt find the
> right one. I had to use a sphere with very small diameter/radius and then
> increase the ambience. However, the results were very satisfactory. I am
> expecting some kind of point source light that is bright enough to light
> any object in space. Some help here.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Karthik

Remember that no color is limited to 1. There is no maximum.
Unless you use fade_distance and fade_power, the intensity of a light don't
decline over a distance.
If you use radiosity, there is nothing that prevent you from using a regular
light_source.

--
Alain
Real Time, adj.: