POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity Settings What do they mean? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity Settings What do they mean? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: einarabelc5
Subject: Radiosity Settings What do they mean?
Date: 27 Jun 2007 10:35:01
Message: <web.468271cada4178da5fb7d6ee0@news.povray.org>
Hello:

Does anyone of you know whats the difference between these two by default
settings  for radiosity in POVRAY?:

Radiosity_OutdoorLQ
Radiosity_OutdoorHQ

For instance.
 The average number of iterations.
 The minumun distance before the coefficients are made equal to zero.
 The ambient and diffuse settings.

But mostly what are the differences in the algorithms used.

For instance a manual setting macro for radiosity looks like this:

global_settings {
    radiosity {
      pretrace_start 0.08
      pretrace_end   0.04
      count 35

      nearest_count 5
      error_bound 1.8
      recursion_limit 3

      low_error_factor 0.5
      gray_threshold 0.0
      minimum_reuse 0.015
      brightness 1

      adc_bailout 0.01/2
    }
  }

How would this compare to the other two "by default" quick settings?

Thank You in advance for any information on this.

Einar.

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone of you know whats the difference between these two by default
> settings  for radiosity in POVRAY?:
>
> Radiosity_OutdoorLQ
> Radiosity_OutdoorHQ

You can just open the include file and check the settings made in the
declarations of the above.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > Does anyone of you know whats the difference between these two by default
> > settings  for radiosity in POVRAY?:
> >
> > Radiosity_OutdoorLQ
> > Radiosity_OutdoorHQ
>
> You can just open the include file and check the settings made in the
> declarations of the above.
>
>  Thorsten

Ok thanks, you mean povray.ini I suppose. What about the number of
iterations.

Post a reply to this message

> > Does anyone of you know whats the difference between these two by default
> > settings  for radiosity in POVRAY?:
> >
> > Radiosity_OutdoorLQ
> > Radiosity_OutdoorHQ
>
> You can just open the include file and check the settings made in the
> declarations of the above.
>
>  Thorsten

Got it, rad_def.inc

does the count parameter indicates the number of iterations?

for example Radiosity_OutdoorLQ indicates a count of 80
and Radiosity_OutdoorHQ a count of 500

Thx again.

Post a reply to this message