POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Blocks of stone Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:42 EDT (-0400)
  Blocks of stone (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mock26
Subject: Blocks of stone
Date: 16 Apr 2007 16:55:01
Message: <web.4623e1aeb0b0f7117a0e9df90@news.povray.org>
Is there a simple way to create a wall of what is supposed to be quarried
stone?  I tried creating individual blocks and stacking them as would a
brick layer, but the entire wall looked to be a single piece of stone with
lines because the stone texture was one continuous pattern.  I would
appreciate any help on this.  Thanks!

Take care and have a great day....

ciao,
john.

Post a reply to this message

Mock26 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 16-04-2007 16:50:
> Is there a simple way to create a wall of what is supposed to be quarried
> stone?  I tried creating individual blocks and stacking them as would a
> brick layer, but the entire wall looked to be a single piece of stone with
> lines because the stone texture was one continuous pattern.  I would
> appreciate any help on this.  Thanks!

> Take care and have a great day....

> ciao,
> john.

You can apply the texture to each block individualy. Another option use some
variation on the cells pattern with a repeat warp.

--
Alain
Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to

Post a reply to this message