POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Height Field Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Height Field (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: kingmassivid
Subject: Height Field
Date: 9 Apr 2007 15:10:01
Message: <web.461a8eeb395a298d3c903e860@news.povray.org>
hi,
i want to try out the Height Field . i have made a gif file but i don't know
how the code should look! can you help me?
Lukas
sorry for my bad english

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Re: Height Field
Date: 9 Apr 2007 15:25:01
Message: <web.461a92b05aeb6702f30be9d60@news.povray.org>
"kingmassivid" <kin### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
> i want to try out the Height Field . i have made a gif file but i don't know
> how the code should look! can you help me?
> Lukas
> sorry for my bad english

Although the basic directions for a height field are in section "3.4.1.5
Height Field" of the POV-Ray help files, the example code is found in
TUTORIAL section: "2.3.3.2  Height Field Object" and looks like this:

  height_field {
    tga "image.tga"
    smooth
    pigment { White }
    translate <-.5, -.5, -.5>
    scale <17, 1.75, 17>
  }

Note that this example uses a "targa" file (tga).  You will want to
substitute "gif".

Good luck.

Post a reply to this message