POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : HDRI + transparency Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:02 EDT (-0400)
  HDRI + transparency (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Arno
Subject: HDRI + transparency
Date: 7 Feb 2007 16:00:00
Message: <web.45ca3da1777e60be3dc296c80@news.povray.org>
I'm an absolute beginner, so please bear with me.

I'm trying to create a snow globe, based on a hollow glass sphere. This
works as expected. However, when I place an additional object (sphere)
inside the globe, it turns out black, as if it's not lit. When I give the
additional sphere a reflective finish, it does come out as expected.
I'm using no lights in my scene, all light comes from HDRI lighting. When I
do place some lights, the second sphere does show its color, but still too
dark.

BTW, increasing max_trace_level doesn't help. The code for both objects is
stated below.

//glass globe
object{
 difference{
  sphere {
   <0, 0, 0> // center of sphere <X Y Z>
   500/65    // radius of sphere
  }
  sphere {
   <0, 0, 0> // center of sphere <X Y Z>
   (500/65)-0.15    // radius of sphere
  }
 }
 material{
    texture{
      pigment { color rgbf <0.98, 0.98, 0.98, 0.925> }
     finish { F_Glass3 }
    normal{bumps .1 scale 4}
   finish{reflection{.01,.9 fresnel} conserve_energy}
   }
  interior{I_Glass}
  }
}