POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : <no subject> Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  <no subject> (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Arno
Subject: Re: <no subject>
Date: 14 Feb 2007 04:30:01
Message: <web.45d2d65d6f92e856f7c2da9e0@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> Render it as a 2 frame animation and use save_file to save the
> radiosity data witout the glass, then load the data back in and
> do a final frame with the glass.

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but wouldn't this be the same as using the
no_radiosity keyword in MegaPov?

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Date: 14 Feb 2007 21:23:51
Message: <45d3c437$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, ...

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask =)

>...but wouldn't this be the same as using the
> no_radiosity keyword in MegaPov?

No, radiosity is calculated in the second frame for
the scene again, correcting for the globe having been
left out of the first frame, there's just more samples
that make it thru to the center sphere from the first frame.

Post a reply to this message