POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : mapping spheres onto a sphere....liposome Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  mapping spheres onto a sphere....liposome (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Chemgirl
Subject: mapping spheres onto a sphere....liposome
Date: 26 Jan 2007 13:05:00
Message: <web.45ba42a9d907dc90b0e7987f0@news.povray.org>
Hi all-

I need to be able to draw a bunch of repeating spheres in the shape of a
sphere, see
http://bunshi3.bio.nagoya-u.ac.jp/bunshi3/students/yohko/liposome.jpg  for
an example.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this!  I want
to create my own image so I can modify it further and avoid copyright
infringements.  It needs to be 3D, so if I do a cut-away in the sphere I
can see the little spheres, so I can't just plop a picture of a sphere on
the surface of the sphere....does this make sense?

The only things I can think of are to either:
- Figure out a way to make a sphere into a repeating pattern to use as a
pattern on another sphere
<or>
- figure out a mathematical way of creating a sphere and repeating another
sphere next to it, in increments of Xsquared + ysquared to create a circle
of spheres, then build from there- but I have NO IDEA how to do this in
POVRAY!!!

Any other ideas???

PLEASE help!!!!
thanks in advance!