POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using Ambient Light Settings Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Using Ambient Light Settings (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: zombiebhp
Subject: Re: Using Ambient Light Settings
Date: 14 Jul 2006 13:40:00
Message: <web.44b7d5d9bc7d6ebc1709b0c0@news.povray.org>
> Make sure you nest the brackets proiperly when adding finish.  I find it
> easier if the brackets following a scope indentation.

> to add a finish just add it after the pigment block (outside its brackets).
> It is also usually good protocol to wrap them inside a texture block:

> -tgq

Wow, tgq, I owe you my first and last born. I hope you do not sell them into
slavery.It worked the sun can shine on its own again, you have saved
humanity and all life on Earth. Thank you very much.

Post a reply to this message

"zombiebhp" <bri### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Make sure you nest the brackets proiperly when adding finish.  I find it
> > easier if the brackets following a scope indentation.
>
> > to add a finish just add it after the pigment block (outside its brackets).
> > It is also usually good protocol to wrap them inside a texture block:
>
> > -tgq
>
> Wow, tgq, I owe you my first and last born. I hope you do not sell them into
> slavery.It worked the sun can shine on its own again, you have saved
> humanity and all life on Earth. Thank you very much.

Thanks, but my own first born is all I can handle at the moment (and if he
doesn't settle down a bit, my says he may be my last born as well...)

Sometimes when you have problems, it is best to look at the simple things
first.  Establishing a good scene language protocol for yourself is good to
do, then it becomes easier to track down simple problems like this one or
identify if it is indeed something more complex.

-tgq