POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sketchup to Povray examp[le Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Sketchup to Povray examp[le (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Richy Rich
Subject: Sketchup to Povray examp[le
Date: 29 Jun 2006 15:40:00
Message: <web.44a42c711f53cd93ffe261f0@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

Is anyone here using the Povray plugin and program for sketchup.   I am a
first time user and are having trouble exporting from sketchup using the
example model provided. It just doesn't seem to want to create the .pov
file..... help.

Post a reply to this message

Try to export in VRML and use Poseray to convert it in Pov-Ray sdl.
;-)
Paolo

> "Richy Rich" <lit### [at] yahoocom>
> Hi there,
>
> Is anyone here using the Povray plugin and program for sketchup.   I am a
> first time user and are having trouble exporting from sketchup using the
> example model provided. It just doesn't seem to want to create the .pov
> file..... help.

Post a reply to this message

i dont know what pluggin you are taliking about ...

I currently use Su2pov..

http://www.crai.archi.fr/RubyLibraryDepot/Ruby/su2pov.htm

the manual is here:
http://amazone.crai.archi.fr/Ruby/SU2POV_22%20User%20Guide.htm

> Hi there,
>
> Is anyone here using the Povray plugin and program for sketchup.   I am a
> first time user and are having trouble exporting from sketchup using the
> example model provided. It just doesn't seem to want to create the .pov
> file..... help.

Post a reply to this message

>> Is anyone here using the Povray plugin and program for sketchup.   I am a
>> first time user and are having trouble exporting from sketchup using the
>> example model provided. It just doesn't seem to want to create the .pov
>> file..... help.

> Try to export in VRML and use Poseray to convert it in Pov-Ray sdl.
> ;-)
> Paolo

PoseRay's VRML support is a bit limited (according to them at least,
http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/poserayhelp.htm#WhattypesofOBJfilescanPoseRayhandle),
so you might want to try DXF or 3DS.

Mike
--