POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : question on antialiasing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  question on antialiasing (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: wollinger
Subject: question on antialiasing
Date: 18 Apr 2006 17:55:01
Message: <web.44455ffcd3b5ee5bb44498390@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm compiling a natural landscape scene (mountainious region) and I tried
the following set-ups:

1. 720x576 and antialiasing switched on (Sampling_Method=2)
   rendering time: 5:15

2. 2160x1728 and antialiasing switched off
   rendering time: 2:57
   2.a downscaling to 720x576 with external software (irfanview)

The results look in my eys quite compareable but are are there some general
reccomendations what is the better way to render the images? Especially
when rendering animations the advantage in speed is appreciated.

Thanks for suggestions
Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message