POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Adding text in a local coordinate system Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Adding text in a local coordinate system (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: wollinger
Subject: Adding text in a local coordinate system
Date: 9 Apr 2006 18:40:00
Message: <web.443988dfa182aba59f26cd410@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have a scene where all of my objects are shifted by a vector
<400000,255000,0>. The height_field displays a mountain with an approx
altitude of 2000 meters. Dimensions of the whole area is 50x50 km. My
camera is therefore somewhere in the middle <425000,280000,3000> and I
declared a Scene_Center at <425000,285000,2000> . The camera is lookin_at
the Scene_Center. Now I want to display some text in this scene. How can I
achive that the text is displayed normal to my setup? The font is always
skewed. Are there any "tutorials" whow to deal with a local grid?

Thanks
Wolfgang

Sorry that I can't post any code at the moment, but my file needs to be
cleanded up first.

Post a reply to this message