POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Glaas is black Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Glaas is black (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: cpmac
Subject: Glaas is black
Date: 28 Mar 2006 05:15:00
Message: <web.44290c4c868babd1ac3c17f0@news.povray.org>
Hi
I started using Pov a few weeks ago. I downloaded some excellent glass pov
files such as wineglass.pov and glasswater.pov.
My computer crashed and I had to re install everything. Now glass is black.
The files glass.inc and glas_old.inc are there and the files render with no
error messages.
What's gone wrong?

cpmac

Post a reply to this message

> I started using Pov a few weeks ago. I downloaded some excellent glass pov
> files such as wineglass.pov and glasswater.pov.
> My computer crashed and I had to re install everything. Now glass is
black.
> The files glass.inc and glas_old.inc are there and the files render with
no
> error messages.
> What's gone wrong?
>
> cpmac

how is set max_trace_level in global settings? try to rise it higher than 10

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: cpmac
Date: 28 Mar 2006 07:30:00
Message: <web.44292c24abf4207387cca14e0@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> > Hi
> > I started using Pov a few weeks ago. I downloaded some excellent glass pov
> > files such as wineglass.pov and glasswater.pov.
> > My computer crashed and I had to re install everything. Now glass is
> black.
> > The files glass.inc and glas_old.inc are there and the files render with
> no
> > error messages.
> > What's gone wrong?
> >
> > cpmac
> >

> how is set max_trace_level in global settings? try to rise it higher than 10
>

> Marc
In wineglass.pov it was at 5
In glasswater.pov it was at 32*3
I tried 11 50 and 100   - no change.

cpmac

Post a reply to this message

From: cpmac
Date: 28 Mar 2006 12:15:00
Message: <web.44296ed0abf4207383bd0aa70@news.povray.org>
"cpmac" <web### [at] cpmaccom> wrote:
> "Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> > > Hi
> > > I started using Pov a few weeks ago. I downloaded some excellent glass pov
> > > files such as wineglass.pov and glasswater.pov.
> > > My computer crashed and I had to re install everything. Now glass is
> > black.
> > > The files glass.inc and glas_old.inc are there and the files render with
> > no
> > > error messages.
> > > What's gone wrong?
> > >
> > > cpmac

I'be found the reason. I'd put the render quality at 2.

cpmac