POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Crazy lighting Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Crazy lighting (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Ian Crofoot
Subject: Re: Crazy lighting
Date: 14 Dec 2005 20:10:01
Message: <web.43a0c15f9249257b265c44900@news.povray.org>
"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Hi Ian
>
> Are you new to wings? I seems to me as if you are not aware of the
> possibility to use hard edges. I modeled with wings quite a while until I
> recognized that feature too and also solved that problem by commenting out
> the normals in the meshoutput as Trevor suggested. Instead do just select

> switch to the soft shading mode (by clicking the most upper left pyramid
> icon or simply hitting tab) you should see the difference.
>
> Hope that helps
> Regards Roman
>
> PS: I use PoseRay to convert *.wings files to PovRay readable format.
> PoseRay has the advantage that you can check the models for errors much
> easier and faster than in wings or even by rendering it in PovRay. In
> addition you can export not just the object but also a complete scene with
> camera and lighting directly into a *.pov file which spares a lot of time
> adjusting the camera and lighting.

Awesome tip.  Thanks, Roman.

I am somewhat new, yes.  I've modeled a decent amount in it, but I have very
little experience in rendering and using other applications.

I have noticed at times that when I switch to shaded view, sometimes I have
those seams/bands running through the surfaces, and it's caused me
headaches.  So this info will be very helpful.:)

Again, thanks man.