POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Float Precision Images Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Float Precision Images (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: the ajj
Subject: Float Precision Images
Date: 11 Nov 2005 08:40:00
Message: <web.43749ec0ba58206ca43155f60@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I got this comment regarding one of my images 'The Chess Game' which can be
seen in the images newsgroup:

"so, did you render an 8bit image out of povray?
Ideally you'd render a float precision image so you can get all the
out-of-focus hilight shapes just as bright as the in-focus hilights."

I have no idea what this means or how I do it.  Any ideas?

Post a reply to this message

> "so, did you render an 8bit image out of povray?
> Ideally you'd render a float precision image so you can get all the
> out-of-focus hilight shapes just as bright as the in-focus hilights."

> I have no idea what this means or how I do it.  Any ideas?

  I don't understand that quote either, but my bet is that it's somehow
related to HDRI. Try googling for that acronym.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message