POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Imported from wings, object being feisty Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Imported from wings, object being feisty (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Ian Crofoot
Subject: Imported from wings, object being feisty
Date: 14 Sep 2005 00:10:00
Message: <web.4327a1308b6ac373f78e84a20@news.povray.org>
After loading an object modelled in wings3d, I attempt to make a union out
of the various meshes, but the same error keeps appearing.  "No '}' found in
union, object identifier found instead."  And yes, I put a '}' at the end of
the union.

Can you not make unions out of meshes?

It's been a few months since I used pov-ray, so I apologize if it's
something retardedly simple.

Here's a snippet of the code, if it will help:

#declare keyboard = union {

#declare cube38_copy61 = mesh2 {
vertex_vectors {18,<1.38453,8.74767e-3,0.723452>, .....}
normal_vectors {18,<-0.666667,-0.333333,0.666667>,....}
texture_list { 5,
 texture { white_WingsMat }
 texture { speaker_WingsMat }
 texture { screen_WingsMat }
 texture { gray2_WingsMat }
 texture { black_WingsMat }
}
face_indices {32,<0,3,9>,4,<0,4,3>,.....}
normal_indices {32,<0,3,9>,<0,4,3>,<0,8,1>.....}
}
cube38_copy61

}

Post a reply to this message