POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Checker board of Checkers Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Checker board of Checkers (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Bob Armstrong
Subject: Checker board of Checkers
Date: 13 Sep 2005 04:30:00
Message: <web.43268dc2a6e1a8b8945ca8690@news.povray.org>
I want to make a plane of one unit checkers each of which is made up of
 1 / 12 scale checkers .

How do I do that ?

Got lots to learn . Amazing program .

Bob A

Post a reply to this message

From: jute
Subject: Re: Checker board of Checkers
Date: 13 Sep 2005 05:15:00
Message: <web.432697965c7c22448b1af6ef0@news.povray.org>
"Bob Armstrong" <bob### [at] cosycom> wrote:
> I want to make a plane of one unit checkers each of which is made up of
>  1 / 12 scale checkers .
>
> How do I do that ?

plane {
   y, 0
   pigment {
      checker
         pigment { checker rgb 1 rgb  0 scale 1/12 }
         pigment { checker rgb <1,0,0> rgb <0,0,1> scale 1/6 }
   }
}

--
jussi

Post a reply to this message

> I want to make a plane of one unit checkers each of which is made up of
> 1 / 12 scale checkers .
>
>How do I do that ?
>
>Got lots to learn . Amazing program .

With plain coloured pigments:

#include "functions.inc"
  pigment {
    function {0.5*f_checker(x,y,z)+0.25*f_checker(x*12,y*12,z*12)}
    colour_map {
      [0    rgb 0]
      [0.25 rgb x]
      [0.5  rgb y]
      [0.75 rgb z]
    }
  }

With complete textures

#include "functions.inc"
  texture {
    function {0.5*f_checker(x,y,z)+0.25*f_checker(x*12,y*12,z*12)}
    texture_map {
      [0    T_Stone1]
      [0.25 T_Stone10]
      [0.5  T_Stone2]