POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Text on top ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Text on top ? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Kibos
Subject: Text on top ?
Date: 12 May 2005 09:35:01
Message: <web.42835a8882ee5486b72c34e70@news.povray.org>
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I've just spent 1h looking for
a way to put some text on top of a povray generated image. I don't want to
use gimp or anything else than povray to do that, because it'll be used for
massive production of thousands of pics. So if someone knows how to proceed
to put a title or a comment on an image from the povray scene file, I'd be
happy to share this knowledge.

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> Sorry if this has already been answered, but I've just spent 1h looking for
> a way to put some text on top of a povray generated image. I don't want to
> use gimp or anything else than povray to do that, because it'll be used for
> massive production of thousands of pics. So if someone knows how to proceed
> to put a title or a comment on an image from the povray scene file, I'd be
> happy to share this knowledge.
>
> Thanks.

You use screen.inc  there is sample code in
src/incdemo/screen.pov

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 12 May 2005 09:41:01
Message: <42835ced@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Kibos wrote:
>
>> Sorry if this has already been answered, but I've just spent 1h
>> looking for
>> a way to put some text on top of a povray generated image. I don't
>> want to
>> use gimp or anything else than povray to do that, because it'll be
>> used for
>> massive production of thousands of pics. So if someone knows how to
>> proceed
>> to put a title or a comment on an image from the povray scene file,
>> I'd be
>> happy to share this knowledge.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> You use screen.inc  there is sample code in
> src/incdemo/screen.pov
sorry
scenes/incdemo/screen.pov

Post a reply to this message

From: Kibos
Date: 12 May 2005 09:45:00
Message: <web.42835d8eff8a7b79b72c34e70@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Kibos wrote:
> > Sorry if this has already been answered, but I've just spent 1h looking for
> > a way to put some text on top of a povray generated image. I don't want to
> > use gimp or anything else than povray to do that, because it'll be used for
> > massive production of thousands of pics. So if someone knows how to proceed
> > to put a title or a comment on an image from the povray scene file, I'd be
> > happy to share this knowledge.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> You use screen.inc  there is sample code in
> src/incdemo/screen.pov

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers.