POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : External GUI -> Rendering Directly (QT/C++) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  External GUI -> Rendering Directly (QT/C++) (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Held OT
Subject: External GUI -> Rendering Directly (QT/C++)
Date: 25 Apr 2005 19:35:01
Message: <web.426d7d738f637b8d31ee87530@news.povray.org>
Hi.

For the moment I'm trying to initiate rendering by hitting a simple button
in an external GUI I clicked together in QT... This simple GUI will be
underlaid later on with a another programm that shall work together with
POV... but for now I need at least the one Button to do what I intend...

So I have two major problems/questions right now:

   1 - I could not find the action/event that is activated when you press
       the RUN-Button (or the Render-Menu entry) in POVs own GUI...
       Well in general I could not find the "entrance-point" into the
       rendering process at all... (neither could I get a real insight
       into the events handeled andcreated by the GUI...)
       although I would like to attach my program exactly at that point.
       Can someone tell me which "routine" I have to call with what
       arguments to initialize the process?
       (if it is possible at all)

   2 - I do not have really much experience with QT or interface-design in
       general - correctly said this is my first attempt to work in this
       direction.
       Can somebody give me a hint how to get access to the
       routines/subroutines of POV-Ray? Which files do I have to include?
       Would it be enough to include the file in wich the routine is
       defined or will I need to include some other files to get access at
       all?
       (Presumed this is possible - or if it is not - How can I call
        external programs in general - and pvengine.exe in this special
        case with a set of command line options?)

I hope there is someone who can give me a hint... any hint to any point will
probably help...

Thx for your time

Held_OT