POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't close startup license window to get to gui window behind it Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Can't close startup license window to get to gui window behind it (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Sandy
Subject: Can't close startup license window to get to gui window behind it
Date: 13 Apr 2005 09:45:00
Message: <web.425d2176c967731562537b070@news.povray.org>
My first time using povray.  I am using Windows XP Professional.  I
downloaded the 32-bit download because I wasn't sure if I had the x64
version of XP so I played it safe.  Download and install seem to go
smoothly but when I go to run it there is a bluish/green window with 3
buttons (license stuff and product information) that is situated in front
of the gui window.  I've tried everything but this window won't go away.
I've right clicked, tried to left click and drag it, tried clicking on the
gui window behind it to bring that window to the front....nothing works.

> My first time using povray.  I am using Windows XP Professional.  I
> downloaded the 32-bit download because I wasn't sure if I had the x64
> version of XP so I played it safe.  Download and install seem to go
> smoothly but when I go to run it there is a bluish/green window with 3
> buttons (license stuff and product information) that is situated in front

Hmm, there should be a 4th button at the bottom of this - [OK] - that's the
bugger to press... and [ESC] should get rid it of it as well, iirc.

On the plus side, it sounds like you came pretty close to finding the povray
easter egg (or so I'm told...)