POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Core rendering code threw unhandled exception. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Core rendering code threw unhandled exception. (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: TheSaneOne
Subject: Core rendering code threw unhandled exception.
Date: 9 Apr 2005 16:40:01
Message: <web.42583c74781bc2b3c2f181a0@news.povray.org>
I have only been working with this program for a couple days and I am new,
but after 2 hours of searching and not finding an answer I am finally
breaking down and asking for help:

I am running POV-Ray and I open a .inc file included as a demo (../POV-Ray
for Windows/scenes/advanced/balcony/table.inc), I figure I can extract the
table for use in the scene I am working on. I have run the balcony.pov and
the table.inc seperately and together and they work beautifully. I copied
table.inc to a seperate folder to mess with, renamed it (to avoid
confusion) and start working on another snippet of code (messing with the
block{} code).

Later, I go back to the 'table.inc' file and when I try to run it I got:
"The POV-Ray core rendering code threw an unhandled exception.
The backend thread has been shut down and you will not be able to perform
any further renders."
I have to force terminate the program. I don't know what's up, but I try to
run a few other .pov's and .inc's and work fine, so I re-ran the table.inc
and get the same result.

Now: Every .pov and .inc I have tried run's fine, I can even run the
balcony.pov _using_ the table.inc, BUT: When I run the table.inc
seperately, it crashes. Every time, every copy (I had about 3 of them).

I did not modify the code of table.inc in any way.

Any help?

I am running Win2000, the default settings except -F (so I don't use
precious HD space).