POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Strange rendering problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Strange rendering problem (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Besen
Subject: Strange rendering problem
Date: 8 Apr 2005 10:55:00
Message: <web.42569a5d44e2cddafeb490460@news.povray.org>
I'm having problems with a scene which contains a sphere sweep (see code
below). The rendered output displays strange artifacts, which I would like
to get rid of.

Any help is appreciated :-)

thx
Besen

#include "colors.inc"

background { color White }

camera {
  orthographic
  location <0, 0, 0>
  direction <0, 0, 250>
  right <250 * image_width / image_height , 0, 0>
  up <0, -250, 0>

  rotate <-90, 0, 0>
  rotate <0, 0, 90>
  translate <650, 70, 0>
  rotate <350, 0.824833, 0>
}

light_source {
   <400, 0, 0>,
   rgb <1, 1, 1>
}

sphere_sweep {
  linear_spline
  2,
  <1.0033, -27, -76.6472>, 20,
  <3.16485, -10, 73.4915>, 20

  pigment { color Green }
}

Post a reply to this message

Besen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-04-08 10:51:
> I'm having problems with a scene which contains a sphere sweep (see code
> below). The rendered output displays strange artifacts, which I would like
> to get rid of.
>
> Any help is appreciated :-)
>
> thx
> Besen

> #include "colors.inc"
>
> background { color White }
>
> camera {
>   orthographic
>   location <0, 0, 0>
>   direction <0, 0, 250>
>   right <250 * image_width / image_height , 0, 0>
>   up <0, -250, 0>
>
>   rotate <-90, 0, 0>
>   rotate <0, 0, 90>
>   translate <650, 70, 0>
>   rotate <350, 0.824833, 0>
> }
>
> light_source {
>    <400, 0, 0>,
>    rgb <1, 1, 1>
> }
>
> sphere_sweep {
>   linear_spline
>   2,
>   <1.0033, -27, -76.6472>, 20,
>   <3.16485, -10, 73.4915>, 20
>
>   pigment { color Green }
> }

It's a common problem.
Try rotating the sphere_sweep by a small amount. rotate 0.025*y (1/40th of a degree)
did the trick
for me. You may also try moving or rotating the camera a small bit.

Alain