POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Importing from Sketchup Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Importing from Sketchup (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jon
Subject: Importing from Sketchup
Date: 25 Mar 2005 09:20:00
Message: <web.42441d419e560fbfde9cf630@news.povray.org>
I am a new user and am trying to import a basic sketchup drawing to work
with. How do i go about this? any help would be much appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Re: Importing from Sketchup
Date: 25 Mar 2005 09:49:36
Message: <42442500@news.povray.org>
Jon wrote:
> I am a new user and am trying to import a basic sketchup drawing to work
> with. How do i go about this? any help would be much appreciated.

   Perhaps you should try the other way... there is a exporter to
POV-Ray SDL for SketchUp (SU2POV):

   http://amazone.crai.archi.fr//Ruby/RUBY_Library_Depot.htm

   I didn't use it, but I've seen some nice images created from exported
geometry (they asked me for help about integrating LightSys).

--
Jaime