POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help with a povray command... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:06 EDT (-0400)
  Need help with a povray command... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Stuart
Subject: Need help with a povray command...
Date: 26 Feb 2005 14:30:01
Message: <web.4220cd21b888af1ba604cfa70@news.povray.org>
#!/bin/perl
$width=1024;
$height=768;

$slice=192;

$k=$height/$slice; # Must be an integer, no check done

for ($i = 0 ; $i < $k; $i++ ) {
 $start = $i * $slice+1;
 $end =  ($i +1 ) * $slice;
 $text = sprintf ("/Users/myuser/desktop/test/linux.pov +Linclude/ +FP
+H$height +W$width -D +SR%d +ER%d +0linux_%0.4d.ppm",$start,$end,$i) ;
 print `echo "$text" > $i.ini`;
}

*************************
This little script should split a povray file into a bunch of little pieces
(ppm's), but I'm having problems with this line right here:

("/Users/myuser/desktop/test/linux.pov +Linclude/ +FP +H$height +W$width -D
+SR%d +ER%d +0linux_%0.4d.ppm",$start,$end,$i) ;

It first converts my pov file into a series of 4 ini files. Each of these
ini files will create a ppm file from a certain point in the image to
another point. I recieve this error on trying to render:

Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Reading from
'/Users/Optio/Desktop/testi
ng/linux.pov' is not permitted.  Check the configuration in
'/Users/optio/.povra
y/3.6/povray.conf'.

Any ideas???

Post a reply to this message

> Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Reading from
> '/Users/Optio/Desktop/testi
> ng/linux.pov' is not permitted.  Check the configuration in
> '/Users/optio/.povra
> y/3.6/povray.conf'.
>
> Any ideas???
Reading not permitted ? Looks like you run it on a unix/linux system.
Have you checked read permissions of files ? Same result after a chmod 777 ?

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Feb 2005 03:00:02
Message: <cvruiu$2or$1@chho.imagico.de>
regdo wrote:
> Stuart wrote:
>
>> Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Reading from
>> '/Users/Optio/Desktop/testi
>> ng/linux.pov' is not permitted.  Check the configuration in
>> '/Users/optio/.povra
>> y/3.6/povray.conf'.
>>
>> Any ideas???
>
> Reading not permitted ? Looks like you run it on a unix/linux system.
> Have you checked read permissions of files ?

Please don't try to answer if you don't know the answer.

He should do exactly what he is told to do, namely check his povray.conf.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

From: Stuart
Date: 27 Feb 2005 13:55:01
Message: <web.4222166730a72b04da6dd1c90@news.povray.org>
> regdo wrote:
> > Stuart wrote:
> >
> >> Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Reading from
> >> '/Users/Optio/Desktop/testi
> >> ng/linux.pov' is not permitted.  Check the configuration in
> >> '/Users/optio/.povra
> >> y/3.6/povray.conf'.
> >>
> >> Any ideas???
> >
> > Reading not permitted ? Looks like you run it on a unix/linux system.
> > Have you checked read permissions of files ?
>
> Please don't try to answer if you don't know the answer.
>
> He should do exactly what he is told to do, namely check his povray.conf.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
> HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
> Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____.//^>_*_<^/.______

Well I don't even know what I would be looking for in my povray .conf as I
can "povray linux.pov" and it runs just fine so this must be a problem with
the .ini files

Once the script runs the output to the first of my ini files is as follows:
+I/Users/Optio/Desktop/testing/linux.pov +Linclude/ +FP +H768 +W1024 -D +SR1
+ER192 +Olinux_0000.ppm

Now I have tried chmod 777 on my linux.pov and I now get a different error
message:

Possible Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Could not find file
 'Users/Optio/Desktop/testing/linux.pov'
Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Cannot open input file.

So now I'm assuming that there is something wrong with the format of my ini
file.

Post a reply to this message

From: nomail
Date: 27 Feb 2005 14:45:00