POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : I need Help with making bmp Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  I need Help with making bmp (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Jalal
Subject: I need Help with making bmp
Date: 4 Feb 2005 19:05:00
Message: <web.42040cad64f0f5db1fc057040@news.povray.org>
Hello all
this may sound stupid, but after I finish my Scene, how can I make a bmp
fils out of it, or JPG or anything? . . . . . am just trying to send my
work to my web site!!!

and Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: I need Help with making bmp
Date: 4 Feb 2005 19:22:33
Message: <420411c9$1@news.povray.org>
Jalal nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-02-04 19:00:
> Hello all
> this may sound stupid, but after I finish my Scene, how can I make a bmp
> fils out of it, or JPG or anything? . . . . . am just trying to send my
> work to my web site!!!
>
> and Thanks

When you do a render, POV Ray create the image file directly. That image file share
the same name as
your source file and is in the same folder. That is, unless you tell POV Ray to put it
elsewhere, or
to not create it.
In windows, open the explorer and navigate to the folder that contain your scene
source. Set it to
list or details (sorted by file type) may enable to find it faster.
With windows, it output as *.BMP by default. If you want a *.JPG, you need to convert
it with an
image editor.
You can change the default format by editing the "povray.ini" file in the renderer
folder. Add a
line "+fn" to output as *.PNG if you want to make smaller files. You can't directly
make a JPG file.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

From: Jalal
Date: 4 Feb 2005 19:45:01
Message: <web.420416f9d194cbc91fc057040@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Jalal nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-02-04 19:00:
> > Hello all
> > this may sound stupid, but after I finish my Scene, how can I make a bmp
> > fils out of it, or JPG or anything? . . . . . am just trying to send my
> > work to my web site!!!
> >
> > and Thanks
> >

> When you do a render, POV Ray create the image file directly. That image file share
the same name as
> your source file and is in the same folder. That is, unless you tell POV Ray to put
it elsewhere, or
> to not create it.
> In windows, open the explorer and navigate to the folder that contain your scene
source. Set it to
> list or details (sorted by file type) may enable to find it faster.
> With windows, it output as *.BMP by default. If you want a *.JPG, you need to
convert it with an
> image editor.
> You can change the default format by editing the "povray.ini" file in the renderer
folder. Add a
> line "+fn" to output as *.PNG if you want to make smaller files. You can't directly
make a JPG file.

> Alain

thanks  for your help, it was so kind of you to answer me! thanks again !

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Date: 4 Feb 2005 19:50:16
Message: <42041848$1@news.povray.org>
> You can change the default format by editing the "povray.ini" file in the
renderer folder. Add a
> line "+fn" to output as *.PNG if you want to make smaller files. You can't
directly make a JPG file.

However, POV-Ray does not compress PNG files well, so they should not be
used directly on a website. So no matter what file format you output to, you
should open it in a 3rd-party 2D image editor (like photoshop, or I hear
http://www.irfanview.com/ is pretty popular and free) and resave it in jpeg
or png format.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 4 Feb 2005 21:32:15
Message: <Xns95F423F23807Braf256com@203.29.75.35>
fak### [at] emailaddress news:42041848$1@news.povray.org

> should open it in a 3rd-party 2D image editor (like photoshop, or I
> hear http://www.irfanview.com/ is pretty popular and free) and resave
> it in jpeg or png format.

Use http://www.gimp.org to have better compresion, especialy in jpg (more
options) - and btw to have greate 2D graphics tool.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/

Post a reply to this message

From: Jalal
Date: 4 Feb 2005 23:05:01
Message: <web.420444d5d194cbc91fc057040@news.povray.org>
Do you know something people what I really LOVE about Pov ray is that we
have the best and the most wonderful community with very cool guys like all
of you that always ready to help, thank you all for your help !!!!

Jalal A. H. Sela

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 5 Feb 2005 05:46:46
Message: <4204a416@news.povray.org>
Sometimes I feel that maintaining the povQ&T site is useless (I don't
mean because people don't look for answers there, but because people
answering to newbie questions just go over the trouble of repeating the
same things over and over when they could simply post a link to the Q&T).