POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : making object completly transparent but with contour frame on Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:57 EDT (-0400)
  making object completly transparent but with contour frame on (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Dav shef
Subject: making object completly transparent but with contour frame on
Date: 12 Jan 2005 10:35:00
Message: <web.41e5426f83373c9ae76370fa0@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I want to make a ellipsoid (but it the same question for any object)
completly transparent but still having the contour in plain whatever
colour.

example, for a box, it would be easy to, instead of ploting a box, ploting
thin cylinders that would represent the box frame.

But, what about an ellipsoid ? I make ellipsoid by plotting a sphere and
scaling it by the command scale<0,0,A> which will scale the object in the
direction z by A. It's easy to make it more or less transparent but I don't
know how to keep the frame (if it's possible)

Thanks in advance for your help.

David from Sheffield (England)

Post a reply to this message

> I want to make a ellipsoid (but it the same question for any object)
> completly transparent but still having the contour in plain whatever
> colour.
>
> example, for a box, it would be easy to, instead of ploting a box,
> ploting thin cylinders that would represent the box frame.
>
> But, what about an ellipsoid ? I make ellipsoid by plotting a sphere
> and scaling it by the command scale<0,0,A> which will scale the object
> in the direction z by A. It's easy to make it more or less transparent
> but I don't know how to keep the frame (if it's possible)

A pattern like AOI (angle of incidence) should provide you with what you
need. You just need to move to Megapov.

--

l'habillement, les chaussures que le maquillage et les accessoires.

Post a reply to this message