POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity and Photon Mapping possible at the same time? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity and Photon Mapping possible at the same time? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Sunny
Subject: Radiosity and Photon Mapping possible at the same time?
Date: 30 Dec 2004 03:45:00
Message: <web.41d3bf3e287e95bdcdf0e56e0@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

 I started rendering a simple scene with the Radiosity this week.
Would it be possible to apply both the Radiosity and the Photon mapping at
the same scene, for example, a scene comprising an almost transparent glass
cylinder on top of a reflecting plastic gray floor?
If possible, how would I change the global_settings?
The samples I tried below did not work well enough.

Any comments would be welcome!

-------Part of my First try -----
//-------------------------------------------
// radiosity test together with PHOTON Mapping
global_settings {
    radiosity {
      pretrace_start 0.08
      pretrace_end   0.04
      count 35

      nearest_count 5
      error_bound 1.8
      recursion_limit 3

      low_error_factor 0.5
      gray_threshold 0.0
      minimum_reuse 0.015
      brightness 1

      adc_bailout 0.01/2
    }
  }
#declare Photons=on;

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
  max_trace_level 50
  #if (Photons)          // global photon block
    photons {
      spacing 0.01                 // specify the density of photons
      //count 100000               // alternatively use a total number of
photons

      //gather min, max            // amount of photons gathered during
render [20, 100]
      //media max_steps [,factor]  // media photons
      //jitter 1.0                 // jitter phor photon rays
      //max_trace_level 5          // optional separate max_trace_level
      //adc_bailout 1/255          // see global adc_bailout
      //save_file "filename"       // save photons to file
      //load_file "filename"       // load photons from file
      //autostop 0                 // photon autostop option
      //radius 10                  // manually specified search radius
      // (---Adaptive Search Radius---)
      //steps 1
      //expand_thresholds 0.2, 40
    }

  #end
}

// ----------------------------------------

#declare M_Glass=    // Glass material
material {
  texture {
    pigment {rgbt 1}
    finish {
      ambient 0.0
      diffuse 0.09
      specular 0.50
      roughness 0.013
      reflection {
        0.05, 1.0
        fresnel on
      }
      conserve_energy
    }
  }
  interior {
    ior 1.50
    fade_power 100
    fade_distance 0.9
    fade_color <0.5,0.8,0.6>
  }
}

// Light1
light_source {
   <27.2831, 56.2092, 50.7291>
   color rgb <1, 1, 1> *1.2
   photons {           // photon block for a light source
    refraction on
    reflection on
           }
}

//
light_source {
   <-14.943, 29.7022, 16.4799>
   color rgb <1, 1, 1> *1.15
   photons {           // photon block for a light source
    refraction on
    reflection on
     }
}
..... deleted  ...

object { Object1 material { M_Glass}
  photons {  // photon block for an object
    target 1.0
    refraction on
    reflection on
     collect off