POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : text in textures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  text in textures (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Alex
Subject: text in textures
Date: 13 Dec 2004 17:05:01
Message: <web.41be11fa8bfc5798e60059f90@news.povray.org>
hey guys,

here I come again with some simple question:
can I use text in textures? I mean, without using a bitmap file.

I need to texture the front of a music equipment, it has lots of text on it
(around 100 words) I remember doing an isometric render of the front of the
model, then writting all the text on it with photoshop, and export it as a
transparent bg with the text on it, and apply it as bitmap pigment) but, I
want to know if it's possible to avoid the bitmap part, and define text
with fonts in textures somehow.

thanks again!

Alex

Post a reply to this message

> here I come again with some simple question:
> can I use text in textures? I mean, without using a bitmap file.

You can use the text object ("3.4.1.13  Text" in the documentation) combined
with the object pattern ("3.5.11.23  Object Pattern") to create textures
based on text.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:

> You can use the text object ("3.4.1.13  Text" in the documentation) combined
> with the object pattern ("3.5.11.23  Object Pattern") to create textures
> based on text.

exactly what I was looking for

thanks!!

Alex Verstraeten