POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : no_shadow no_reflection question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  no_shadow no_reflection question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Carl
Subject: no_shadow no_reflection question
Date: 15 Oct 2004 15:55:00
Message: <web.417029e2ae16b2b6d52696ef0@news.povray.org>
The trick I was given was this:

sphere {<100,120,-85>,85 texture {pigment {rgbt 1}} interior_texture
{red_frame}}

Its what you see in the top left here:

http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/Outline.png

I soon learned I had to use the no_shadow flag to get what I wanted however.
And it wasn't till reciently I noticed something else was missing.  The
reflection of the grid lines are gone from the black sphere.  To get these
back I need to use the no_reflection flag as well.  However when I do that
I lose the outline of my black sphere as seen in any reflection.

Ideally what I'd like to do is to say the larger r=85 sphere doesn't cast a
shadow or is seen in any reflection inside it however it does cast a shadow
and leaves reflections outside it.

Is there any way to do that?

Thanks,
Carl

Post a reply to this message

Not sure what happened to the beginning of my post.  It started by saying I
was trying to outline a sphere.

sphere {<100, 120, -85>,75 texture {clear_black}}

Sometime ago someone gave me the below trick.

Thanks,
Carl

"Carl" <car### [at] semisouthcom> wrote:
> The trick I was given was this:
>
> sphere {<100,120,-85>,85 texture {pigment {rgbt 1}} interior_texture
> {red_frame}}
>
> Its what you see in the top left here:
>
> http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/Outline.png
>
> I soon learned I had to use the no_shadow flag to get what I wanted however.
> And it wasn't till reciently I noticed something else was missing.  The
> reflection of the grid lines are gone from the black sphere.  To get these
> back I need to use the no_reflection flag as well.  However when I do that
> I lose the outline of my black sphere as seen in any reflection.
>
> Ideally what I'd like to do is to say the larger r=85 sphere doesn't cast a
> shadow or is seen in any reflection inside it however it does cast a shadow
> and leaves reflections outside it.
>
> Is there any way to do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Carl