POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Searching for Military Texture Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Searching for Military Texture (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Hans-Werner
Subject: Searching for Military Texture
Date: 24 Sep 2004 15:10:01
Message: <web.415470a25c7b40d4536167b10@news.povray.org>

for clothing and vehicles (NATO). Im new to POV-Ray. How could I create
such a texture ?
One of the problems is that every colour has a special area coverage of for

know if the "patches" have a minimum and a maximum area size. Or a
parameter for the minimum and maximum number of "patches". As I know the
"patches" are concav not convex.

this ?

Thank you for help

Post a reply to this message

> for clothing and vehicles (NATO). Im new to POV-Ray. How could I create
> such a texture ?
> One of the problems is that every colour has a special area coverage of
for

> know if the "patches" have a minimum and a maximum area size. Or a
> parameter for the minimum and maximum number of "patches". As I know the
> "patches" are concav not convex.

> this ?
>
> Thank you for help

i might be a little off target but to specify color percentages something
like a color_map with one color and then transparency might work. then layer
a few of these together. someone might have a more elegant solution, but
maybe this will start you off.

-ross

//--------------------------------------

// your base color
#local c0 = texture {
  pigment {
    rgb <0.2, 0.4, 0.1>
  }
}

// add another color, with less coverage
#local c1 = texture {
   pigment {
    bumps
    scale .25
    turbulence 0.25
    color_map {
     [0.00 rgb <0, 0.5, 0>]
     [0.50 rgb <0, 0.5, 0>]
     [0.51 rgbt <0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0>]
     [1.00 rgbt <0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0>]
    }
   }
  }

// second color, a little bit less coverage
#local c2 = texture {
   pigment {
    bumps
    scale .25
    turbulence 0.25
    color_map {
     [0.00 rgb <0.5, 0.5, 0.5>]
     [0.30 rgb <0.5, 0.5, 0.5>]
     [0.31 rgbt <0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0>]
     [1.00 rgbt <0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0>]
    }
   }
   rotate <15, -30, 35> // rotate it some, so the transparent parts aren't
all the same
  }

// another color with even less coverage
#local c3 = texture {
   pigment {
    bumps
    scale .25