POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Re: Problems with Mega POV Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with Mega POV (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: noen
Subject: Re: Problems with Mega POV
Date: 8 Aug 2004 16:55:01
Message: <web.411691a2e3c5808bade0f9ae0@news.povray.org>
megapov says to install properly one should consult the readme - there is
no document titled "readme" but there is one titled "povwin" but it is of
no help, nor have i been able to find any reference to installation in the
help files - there is a doc titled "readme" in the megapov 1.0 folder that i
downloaded and expanded separately - that readme says run the installer,
which of course, i did before i tried to run either megapov .7 or mega pov
1.0 -
both give the same error message: "cannot find home entry in registry"

i thought at first that the problem was that i prefer to install as
"installer" but run apps and surf as a basic user with only a few
privledges (that way spyware cannot install its self in the background) -
but when i login as a superuser it makes no difference, i get the same
error message

i thought that maybe setting the system variables so megapov can see pov
might help - but i thought it best to ask here first and besides, i am not
that confident to go messing about in system settings like that

i'm running Win2K pro

can anyone help me out?

thank you very much

Post a reply to this message