POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Import files from other programs? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Import files from other programs? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jason
Subject: Import files from other programs?
Date: 23 Jun 2004 14:10:00
Message: <web.40d9c66eb5a36acf62a4bc970@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I use Autodesk Inventor and would like to know if I can import solids from
Inventor to POV Ray.  I searched through the documentation for importing
but maybe I just missed it . . . I can save to iges, sat, step, and other
formats from Inventor.  But I can't see any way to get them into POV Ray?

Thanks
Jason

Post a reply to this message

> I use Autodesk Inventor and would like to know if I can import solids from
> Inventor to POV Ray.  I searched through the documentation for importing
> but maybe I just missed it . . . I can save to iges, sat, step, and other
> formats from Inventor.  But I can't see any way to get them into POV Ray?
>
> Thanks
> Jason

Export to DXF (if avalaible). To get a DXF use something like poseray,
which supports the dxf exports.