POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem with smokegen Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with smokegen (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: mitcho
Subject: Problem with smokegen
Date: 24 May 2004 00:45:01
Message: <web.40b17d02b7e8ba459efe766b0@news.povray.org>
I downloaded the smokegen from kieths website and attached the smoke thing
to a cylinder.

i hit raytrace and got this error:

"*SmokeGen is echoing to the message window as Debugging is on (default)*

File: C:Program FilesPOV-RayINCLUDEsmokegen.mry  Line: 289
#read (LmntFile,ecount

,position,size <----ERROR

Parse Error: Expected 'undeclared identifier', size found instead

Returned from renderer with error status"

Couple of important things,i am running moray 3.5 on  windows xp pro.
When i inserted the plugin i attached it to the cylinder. there is a "spline
file?" drop down menu, but when i click it, there is nothing in it. im not
sure if the error is generated be cause i do not have a spline file or not.
Because i have no idea how to create a spline file so if i can get help
with that too that would be great.
i notice the error has something to do with the smokegen.mry file. i
downloaded the plugin from kieths website and have not edited any of the
files in anyway.

Please can anyone reply here or drop me an email. thanks so much.

Post a reply to this message