POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : PLY to POV? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  PLY to POV? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: ts
Subject: PLY to POV?
Date: 16 Jan 2004 04:00:05
Message: <web.400776d37a306a9e4362dc8e0@news.povray.org>
can anyone point me towards a way to convert PLY format
models to POV mesh? I haven't been able to find anything.

thanks

ts

Post a reply to this message

From: Norbert Kern
Subject: Re: PLY to POV?
Date: 16 Jan 2004 14:00:01
Message: <web.40083407cd123c83a0d28fff0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
try quick3d (shareware - http://www.quick3d.com/).
Within the test period you can translate from ply to obj or 3ds (don't
remember) for free and then as usual with Poseray to pov formate.

Norbert Kern

ts wrote:
>can anyone point me towards a way to convert PLY format
>models to POV mesh? I haven't been able to find anything.
>
>thanks
>
>ts

Post a reply to this message