POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : creating a ~ like shape Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  creating a ~ like shape (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: cg-hci novice
Subject: creating a ~ like shape
Date: 16 Nov 2003 23:35:00
Message: <web.3fb84f44252431cab776d6580@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I was wondering what shape I could use to create a shape similar to a large
tilde (the ~ on the keyboard) or multiple ones conjoined on my trace? Any
suggestions?

Thanks very much for any thoughts.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: creating a ~ like shape
Date: 17 Nov 2003 00:05:55
Message: <cjameshuff-F06697.00023417112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3fb84f44252431cab776d6580@news.povray.org>,
 "cg-hci_novice" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I was wondering what shape I could use to create a shape similar to a large
> tilde (the ~ on the keyboard) or multiple ones conjoined on my trace? Any
> suggestions?

You need to be more specific. If you just want an extrusion of that
shape, try a text object with the string "~" or a prism object. If you
want a round tube with two opposing bends, there are many ways to do it.
You could use a union of torus sections, an isosurface, or a sphere
sweep.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/