POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : creating an object by specifying its refraction index 3d distribution n(x,y= Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  creating an object by specifying its refraction index 3d distribution n(x,y= (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Fabian Dortu
Subject: creating an object by specifying its refraction index 3d distribution n(x,y=
Date: 29 Sep 2003 12:15:01
Message: <web.3f785a16c6962328c8f6c1c60@news.povray.org>
I never used Povray but intend to do it for some scientific purpose. Before
diving into the manual, I would like to know if I could solve this problem:

I would like to define a object by a refraction index distribution n =
n(x,y,z). Then I would like to illuminate the object by laser light and
observe the reflected light resulting from the index gradient in the
material and the interference of the coherent light.

Thankx,
  Fabian

Post a reply to this message