POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem Rendering in POV RAY 3.5 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:12:42 EDT (-0400)
  Problem Rendering in POV RAY 3.5 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Roger
Subject: Problem Rendering in POV RAY 3.5
Date: 19 Sep 2003 16:50:01
Message: <web.3f6b6b978879b61630acc7520@news.povray.org>
When I attempt the RENDER command in POV RAY 3.5 with codes that worked in
3.1 or with POV RAY 3.5 demo codes, the RENDER PROGRESS window comes up, the
process apparently starts, and then it hangs indefinitely.  I did a fresh
download a couple of times, put in the right include paths, but it does not
help.  I'm running MACOS 9.2. Any idea what to do?  I would be grateful for
any help!
Thanks a ton!

Cheers,

Roger

Post a reply to this message

 "Roger" <Car### [at] SLACStanfordedu> wrote:

> When I attempt the RENDER command in POV RAY 3.5 with codes that worked in
> 3.1 or with POV RAY 3.5 demo codes, the RENDER PROGRESS window comes up, the
> process apparently starts, and then it hangs indefinitely.  I did a fresh
> download a couple of times, put in the right include paths, but it does not
> help.  I'm running MACOS 9.2. Any idea what to do?  I would be grateful for
> any help!

The simple answer is to get MegaPOV:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/

You could also look through the older messages in povray.macintosh,
there are threads there describing the problem and ways to get around it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

> When I attempt the RENDER command in POV RAY 3.5 with codes that worked in
> 3.1 or with POV RAY 3.5 demo codes, the RENDER PROGRESS window comes up, the
> process apparently starts, and then it hangs indefinitely.  I did a fresh
> download a couple of times, put in the right include paths, but it does not
> help.  I'm running MACOS 9.2. Any idea what to do?  I would be grateful for
> any help!

Try the POV-Ray 3.5.1 release candidate.  Don't worry that the website says
it is for Mac OS X only, as long as you have CarbonLib 1.6 installed, it
should run fine on Mac OS 9.0.4 and later.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.