POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Showing concentration in water Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Showing concentration in water (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: lars gregersen
Subject: Showing concentration in water
Date: 19 Aug 2003 09:00:01
Message: <web.3f421f33fc5ecef17cd558720@news.povray.org>
Hi

I have some 3D concentration measurements for a chemical compound that is
dissolved in water. I would like to show this concentration somehow.

The water could be contained in a cylinder or a box.

I would like the zero concentration areas to be shown as clear water
(obviously) and the concentration as varying colours. I can think of two
ways of doing this: use one colour and simply have its intensitity increase
with increasing concentration or you could use many colours and simply have
the colurs change with increasing concentration (e.g. from blue to red).

Do anyone have any hints as to how I can get this effect in Povray?

  Thanks!

  Lars Gregersen

Post a reply to this message

> I would like the zero concentration areas to be shown as clear water
> (obviously) and the concentration as varying colours.

Turn your concentration measurements into a density (df3) file. Use this
file in combination with media and a colour_map.

6.7.11.11  Density_File

and

6.8.3  Density

Ingo