POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : media shadow Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  media shadow (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Penners
Subject: media shadow
Date: 13 Aug 2003 14:50:01
Message: <web.3f3a8855d32fb831df923de00@news.povray.org>
Hi,
  I have rendered a scene with media enclosed in a container object (a box)
and the density defined by a df3 file.  I have a parallel light pointed at
the media to simulate the sun.  However, my media casts a very sharp
straight lined shadow.  My first guess is that the shadow is coming from
the container box, but I have set it to be transparent so this should not
be.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Penners

Post a reply to this message

"Penners" <pen### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>   I have rendered a scene with media enclosed in a container object (a
box)
> and the density defined by a df3 file.  I have a parallel light pointed at
> the media to simulate the sun.  However, my media casts a very sharp
> straight lined shadow.  My first guess is that the shadow is coming from
> the container box, but I have set it to be transparent so this should not
> be.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Chances are it could be media 'samples' needing to be invoked with a higher
integer value. I'm guessing you are talking about the shadowing within the
media itself, not a shadow falling across onto something else such as a
floor or wall plane?

Bob H.