POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : water Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  water (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Connie
Subject: water
Date: 23 Jul 2003 17:20:01
Message: <web.3f1efb92fb3314da14cc26d90@news.povray.org>
I tried Water in texture.inc but it didn't turn out well. What should I do
to make my water look real?

Thanks,
Connie

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Re: water
Date: 23 Jul 2003 17:28:27
Message: <3f1efdfb$1@news.povray.org>
It depends on what you're doing and trying to achieve.
Just stating that you've tried Water from texture.inc
only tells us that maybe the water doesn't look like
you expected, but how should we know what you're
after?
Best idea would probably be to convert the image
to a jpg, post it on binaries.images and ask there. No
multipart messages please!

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

> I tried Water in texture.inc but it didn't turn out well. What should I do
> to make my water look real?
>
> Thanks,
> Connie

---

> I tried Water in texture.inc but it didn't turn out well. What should I do
> to make my water look real?
>
> Thanks,
> Connie

Here's what I do:  Follow Christoph Hormann's advice:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/water/index.html

It's an excellent tutorial.