POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : fog Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  fog (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Texel
Subject: fog
Date: 19 Jun 2003 06:50:01
Message: <web.3ef1951e82a8ed13f773e8e30@news.povray.org>
i am writting a converter (Anim8or to PovRay) and i want to convert the fog
settings.

Anim8or has these settings in order to add fog to a scene:

Start (the distance from the camera at which fog begins to appear)
End (the distance beyond which it has maximum saturation)
Max percent density of the fog.

How can i convert it. In the documentation, I have not read (or understand
:))any way to start the fog at a certain distance from the camera (And the
same thing for the End setting).

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> i am writting a converter (Anim8or to PovRay) and i want to convert the fog
> settings.
>
> Anim8or has these settings in order to add fog to a scene:
>
> Start (the distance from the camera at which fog begins to appear)
> End (the distance beyond which it has maximum saturation)
> Max percent density of the fog.

Such fog does not exist in POV-Ray.

POV-Ray fog density is either constant or has a planar gradient (ground
fog).  The distance to the camera is not taken into account.

You can of course use media to generate such a density effect but the
result will be slower and different.

Christoph

Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message