POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : openGL based viewer Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  openGL based viewer (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Fred
Subject: openGL based viewer
Date: 6 May 2003 04:05:04
Message: <web.3eb76ae45b081301f61ebe140@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I am using povray to model the frame for an offroad vehicle I am building, I
realise that it is not exactly the right tool, but thats ok...

The question is this :

Is there a piece of software available for linux to read the povray file,
and display the objects in a real time rotatable view, just so i dont have
to keep running povray over and over again. (to look at it from different
camera angles) it is dificult to judge which "steel tubes" (grey cylinders)
are in the foreground, because so many overlap.

also, call me blind but I was unable to find the option to make the window
stay up after being rendered, or if i did find it, it didnt work for me.

what is that commandline option. That would make things twice as quick
anyway.

Thanks,

Fred.

Post a reply to this message

> also, call me blind but I was unable to find the option to make the window
> stay up after being rendered, or if i did find it, it didnt work for me.

You know, that image is written to disk...

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a piece of software available for linux to read the povray file,
> and display the objects in a real time rotatable view

  Nope.

  Some explanations about the reason:

http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povQandT/languageQandT.html#wireframes

http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povQandT/filesQandT.html#povtootherformatsdifficulty

> also, call me blind but I was unable to find the option to make the window
> stay up after being rendered, or if i did find it, it didnt work for me.

+p