POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Polarization? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Polarization? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Matty U!
Subject: Polarization?
Date: 26 Mar 2003 21:20:06
Message: <web.3e825f0be67df3ed21c223460@news.povray.org>
Is there any way to model a polarizing filter in POVray?  Not the actual
polarization of light, but deviations in ray path due to the 57 degree
angle of the glass fibers?
Any ideas? or am I totally off base (ie. just treat it as a sheet of glass
with an angle of refraction) -- I'm trying to model light passing through
an lcd on a larger scale, so I believe I should try and approximate the
photorefractive effects of the polarizing layers..
Thanks,
Matty U!

Post a reply to this message