POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : More than one way to skin a small domestic animal Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  More than one way to skin a small domestic animal (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: LibraryMan
Subject: More than one way to skin a small domestic animal
Date: 20 Mar 2003 12:45:04
Message: <web.3e79fd17164e5a4b738e706a0@news.povray.org>
I'm not anywhere where I can test this myself, so I thought I'd troll for
guesses by those more experienced than myself.

I'd like to create either a prism or lathe obj., with a combination of some

My question is this:
Is it quicker to union a couple of prism objects, some of which are
linear-splines, others of which are CSG differences of boxes and cylinders
--

OR

is it possible to substitute the CSG diff above with quadratic or cubic

Sorry my math is so abysmal that I couldn't figure this out for myself --
never got past Algebra II in high school...

--LibraryMan

Post a reply to this message