POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Evaluating strings on the fly Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Evaluating strings on the fly (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Halbert
Subject: Evaluating strings on the fly
Date: 27 Dec 2002 11:20:01
Message: <web.3e0c78bdfb8990beea45516a0@news.povray.org>
I am looking for a way to make pov interpret SDL generated by a macro in a
manner similar to the eval() function in javascript. Can anyone figure out
a way to do this without rendering two scripts?

---

Post a reply to this message

 "Halbert" <hal### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

> I am looking for a way to make pov interpret SDL generated by a macro in a
> manner similar to the eval() function in javascript. Can anyone figure out
> a way to do this without rendering two scripts?

Look at the Parse_String() macro in strings.inc.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message