POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : opening a .pov file in 3.7 from windows explorer Server Time
2 Jun 2024 11:41:17 EDT (-0400)
  opening a .pov file in 3.7 from windows explorer (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: AQ
Subject: opening a .pov file in 3.7 from windows explorer
Date: 25 Apr 2012 10:03:59
Message: <sk0gp7tfb6s4oh4ha81egejg3fiivi23vm@4ax.com>
Hi

I used to use POV a long time ago and have just loaded 3.7.  I just
let it install and did not change anything.

Now when I try to open a .pov file from inside windows (7) explorer by
double clikcking on it POV opens and immediately renders the file but
it does not appear in the editor at any stage.  To add the
assumed_gamma etc I have to open the file from inside the editor which
is not what I expect to happen.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the expected behaviour.

John

Post a reply to this message

> I used to use POV a long time ago and have just loaded 3.7.  I just
> let it install and did not change anything.
>
> Now when I try to open a .pov file from inside windows (7) explorer by
> double clikcking on it POV opens and immediately renders the file but
> it does not appear in the editor at any stage.  To add the
> assumed_gamma etc I have to open the file from inside the editor which
> is not what I expect to happen.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is this the expected behaviour.

Hi John,
	In PovRay go to Options > Drag'N'Drop Destinations and select Editor.
That is a first guess.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> I used to use POV a long time ago and have just loaded 3.7.  I just
>> let it install and did not change anything.
>>
>> Now when I try to open a .pov file from inside windows (7) explorer by
>> double clikcking on it POV opens and immediately renders the file but
>> it does not appear in the editor at any stage.  To add the
>> assumed_gamma etc I have to open the file from inside the editor which
>> is not what I expect to happen.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong or is this the expected behaviour.
>>

>Hi John,
>	In PovRay go to Options > Drag'N'Drop Destinations and select Editor.
>That is a first guess.

Thanks for the suggestion but that was not the answer.  The drag 'n
drop option was already set and it works as expected.  I can drag a
pov file into the editor OK.

Thanks any way

John

Post a reply to this message

> Thanks for the suggestion but that was not the answer.  The drag 'n
> drop option was already set and it works as expected.  I can drag a
> pov file into the editor OK.

Okay, I found it.
Options > Other Settings > [Select Editor]

--
Regards
     Stephen