POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : HDRI tutorial? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  HDRI tutorial? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: JWV
Subject: HDRI tutorial?
Date: 3 Jul 2003 12:23:35
Message: <3f045887$1@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if this is the correct newsgroup since HDRI seems rather
advanced to me, but just thought i would try it here.

So, here is the question: Does someone know a (good) tutorial for HDRI? I'm
very impressed by the results of HDRI which i have seen, so want to do it
myself.

JWV

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:21:56 +0200, "JWV" <jwv|at|planet.nl> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the correct newsgroup since HDRI seems rather
> advanced to me, but just thought i would try it here.

This is unofficial feature, I would expect this post in
povray.unofficial.patches. This is a patch made by Mael and extended by Chris
Hormann.

> So, here is the question: Does someone know a (good) tutorial for HDRI? I'm
> very impressed by the results of HDRI which i have seen, so want to do it
> myself.

There is some basic tutorial prepared for MegaPOV 1.1, thought not released yet.
It links for further informations to http://www.debevec.org/Research/HDR/

Other links listed in HDRI section:
  http://www.rna.hr/home.htm
  http://radiosity.tripod.co.jp/hdri/lightprobe3.htm