POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Returning user - Simple ? question Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:45:58 EDT (-0400)
  Returning user - Simple ? question (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: AQ
Subject: Returning user - Simple ? question
Date: 27 Sep 2015 09:47:29
Message: <ftrf0blauc12ias0fg98mau9hsc9137d6b@4ax.com>
Hi

I have not used POVray for about 10 years since i retired and it
appears I have forgotn much that I thought I used to know.

Wood turning is a main hobby and I want to use POV as a virtual
protype.

I have one question that I am finding frustrating.

I have a virtual block made of several wood that I want use a sphere
to cut a depression onto to make it into a bowl.  When I try it the
pigment of the sphere shown on the surface hiding the laminations.  I
am sure in the past I could get this to work.  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

> I have a virtual block made of several wood that I want use a sphere
> to cut a depression onto to make it into a bowl.  When I try it the
> pigment of the sphere shown on the surface hiding the laminations.  I
> am sure in the past I could get this to work.  Any advice would be
> appreciated.

My spontaneous thought is that simply using an untextured sphere should
do the trick.

Post a reply to this message